So, As I’ve said in the previous post I decided to make a lemon drizzle cake. However, I wanted it to be slightly different so I made it just a general citrus one rather than focusing on just lemon.
Here it is, a cakey creation, that worked out quite nicely and hopefully will for you too!
|Zesty, Citrusy, Drizzley Cakey Cake|
225g Unsalted Butter
225g Caster Sugar
225g Self Raising Flour
1/2 Lemon (Juice and zest)
1/2 Lime (Juice and zest)
Frosting – 180g Caster Sugar
1/2 lime juice
1/2 lemon juice
20g Icing sugar
- Place Butter and Caster sugar in bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs gradually and make sure it doesn’t curdle, because then it is nooooooot nice!
- Add flour gradually and fold in gently to make sure it stays lovely and light!
- Add lemon and lime, again folding nice and gently!
- Grease and line a 20cm x 20cm baking tin with greaseproof paper and spoon mixture into tin. Smoooooooooooooooth over and put in oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Check by putting a skewer into the middle and making sure it comes out beautifully clean.
- Turn out onto cooling rack.
- Mix together caster sugar, lime juice and lemon juice. Pour over cooled cake.
- When frosting has set dust the top with icing sugar. Cut into squares and SERVE!
- Lovely CAK!