|A Curious Creation|
So after discovering how easy it was to make gnocchi last week in DriveWorks Masterchef, it was time to get interesting with flavours. I’ve been reading the flavour thesaurus and has decided to do a sweet potato and gnocchi combination, then it struck me – do it with gnocchi. Then I didn’t know how else to make it – wanted to include some chilli because of my love for coriander and chilli in curries, then i remembered how feta cheese works with chilli. I was scared too many flavours were being added, but then reasoned Gnocchi and Feta = mediterranean, Chilli and Coriander = asian, so it was onyl 2 cusines really. I think it was pretty successful! I’ll be having it for my lunch tomorrow anyway….. 🙂
|Semolina, Flour, Coriander|
3 Sweet Potatoes
175g Plain Flour
15g Fresh Coriander
1 White Onion
1 Lemongrass Stalk
1 Red Chilli
2cm cube Ginger
10ml Sesame Oil
10ml Fish Sauce
2 Pak Choi
1 Green Pepper
200g Feta Cheese
15g Fresh Coriander
- Make the Gnocchi – boil the peeled and chopped sweet potatoes until soft enough to mash.
- Combine with flour, semolina and coriander and make into a soft dough.
- Shape into small 1cm spheres and press with fork.
- Boil pan of water and place gnocchi in, heat rapidly until gnocchi rise to surface then drain and place in baking tray.
- Finely chop – onion, ginger, chilli and bash lemongrass. Fry in sesame oil then add fish sauce.
- Add pak choi and green pepper and cook until softened.
- Add mix to gnocchi, sprinkle over feta cheese, squeeze the juice of the lime over and mix well.
- Place in the oven at Gas Mark 6/ 200 degrees celcius for about 10 minutes.
- When out the oven finely chop and sprinkle the reaming coriander over.
|Don’t make them this big|
Let me know what you think via the Jess’s Messes Facebook page!
Any other gnocchi ideas you’d like me to experiment with first – just let me know!
Thank you lovely people for reading!!
|The finished product|