A boring Monday evening lay ahead, what could I do, there was one choice and one choice only….. to make meatballs!!!!
What do I need?
400g Minced Beef
Salt and Pepper
2 Cloves Garlic
150ml Red Wine
15g Tomato Puree
400g Chopped Tomatoes
10g Green Pesto
10g Balsamic Vinegar
How do I do it?
1. Combine the beef, thyme, salt, pepper 1 onion (chopped very finely) and egg together. Then make into lovely little meatballs.
2. Dice the remaining onion, crush the garlic and fry quickly for 5 mintues (until softened).
3.Add wine and cook on a high heat to reduce down. Add tomato puree and chopped tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add pesto, balsamic vinegar and seasoning and cook for a further 5 minutes. Season.
5. Meanwhile, gently brown the meatballs in a pan. Just until coloured outside, not cooked through. Place in ovenproof dish.
6. Cover meatcalls with tomato mix and place in oven at gas mark 5, 200c for 20 minutes.
7. Serve with pasta of your choice. Sprinkle with parmesan for a lovely tang.
Speedy, easy recipe! Enjoy!!!