This is bread. I made it. It is warm and yummy.
This is how I made it:
What do I need?
- 500g Strong Plain White Flour
- 2 tsp Salt
- 7g Sachet of Quick Action Yeast
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 300ml Water
How do I do it?
- Place flour, salt and yeast in a bowl and mix.
- Make a well in the centre and add oil and water.
- Combine everything together.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes, until bread in smooth and silky.
- Place in an oiled bowl! Leave for 1 hour until doubled in size.
- Knock the bread back (knock air out of it) shape it into an oval and leave to double in size again for an hour.
- Score a cross on the top and sprinkle a little dusting of flour if you wish. 🙂
- Place in oven at 220c or Gas Mark 7, for 25 minutes.
- Check it is cooked by tapping the bottom. It should sound pretty hollow, then serve with butter (if you like it) or Jess’s Jingle Jam.