Sizzling is used in this Jess’s Messes recipe, not to describe the noise of a sizzling sausage sizzling away in a sizzling pan (sizzling mentioned too many times?), it is in fact used to describe the spiciness of the dish. I made it nice and spicy to take the edge of a freezing cold day in rainy Manchester, but you can easily adjust the amount of Paprika to make it to your taste. I also added loads of vegetables. This is not necessarily essential, just a way of using things up!
What do I need?
|A Sizzling Sausage|
- 1 Tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 6 Sausages (chopped into about 6 pieces each)
- 1 White Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Carrots
- 3 Medium Potatoes
- 1 Courgette
- 1 Red Pepper
- 600g Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- Salt and Pepper
How do I do it?
- Place the oil in a heavy based pan and heat. Add the chopped up bits of sausage and cook quickly until golden brown. Remove from pan.
- Dice the onions and crush the garlic – add to pan. Add a small amount of salt and the paprika and cook until onions have softended, but not coloured.
- Add the roughly chopped: carrots, potatoes, courgette, pepper and the chopped tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Return the sausages to the pan and add oregano and bay leaves.
- Cover and leave to cook ont he hob at a medium heat for 30 minutes (or until potatoes have softened completely).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
* You could add lentils if you want to bulk it out a bit! 🙂
Check out the website: www.jesssmesses.co.uk