Now, my lovely pal Sarh (known as Sarah to many) may think this has been put on here to humour her disaster outs attempt at ganache, this is not so, as many people have asked me for a quick and easy ganache recipe.
It’s great for chocolate fudge cake, for chocolate cupcakes and needed for Jess’s Giant Jaffa Cake and most importantly it’s so quick and easy to do – if you following the method correctly (try doing that Sarh!! Hehe!)
What do I need?
250g dark chocolate
250ml double cream
What do I do?
1. Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a heatproof bowl.
2. Pour the cream into a pan and bring to the boil slowly.
3. Pour boiling cream over chocolate and whisk until all chocolate has melted.
4. Place in fridge until spreadable.
5. Et voila – une chocolate ganache!
P.S. note the recipe does not melt the chocolate in a pan, it is melted by the boiling cream!
Sarh has learnt from her mistake and now has her very own ‘chief ganacher’ badge! 🙂