One of the cheapest and tastiest meals around. Jess’s Messes does not claim the rights to this recipe, it is entirely from the lovely Ms Sarah Morrison, however I would like to share and spread it around so others can enjoy the beauty of this dish!
What do I need? – 4 portions
- 200g Mixed dried beans (suggest – kidney, butter, cannellini)
- 1 Red onion (diced)
- 1 Garlic clove (crushed)
- 1tbsp Hot chilli powder
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes
- 1tbsp Tomato Puree
What do I do?
1. Soak the beans overnight in a large bowl of cold water.
2. Drain and place in saucepan, cover with water and bring to boil – boil quickly for 10 minutes on a high heat.
3. Reduce the heat and simmer for 45 minutes. Drain.
4. Place beans, onion, garlic, chilli powder, tomatoes and puree in a pan and bring to the boil.
5. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
6. Serve with tortillas/pitta/rice.
It might take a while to make, but it’s certainly worth it. So so tasty!
Thanks for the recipe Sarah!