|Selection of Pizzas and Potato Wedges|
I’ve been pretty obsessed with making pizza recently. Ever since my Jess’s Messes pizza making party I just can’t get enough of it. It’s so easy to make some lovely light pizza dough and then it’s just a case of making a tasty tomato base and choosing your toppings.
So, here is a recipe for the dough and the tomato base and a few topping suggestions!
What do I need?
- 300g Plain Flour
- 1 sachet (7g) of yeast
- Pinch of salt
- 10ml Olive oil
- 200g Warm water
- Place the flour, yeast and salt in a bowl. Make a well in the centre and add oil and half the water.
- Combine using your hand and gradually add the rest of the water until you have a soft, not too sticky dough, you may not need all the water!
- Knead the dough for about 5 minutes until the dough is springy and shiny.
- Place in a bowl, cover, leave to rise for an hour.
- 200g passata
- 1 clove garlic
- Handful of fresh basil and oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and combine.
- Roll out the dough until reallllllllllly lovely and thin and cover with a thin layer of tomato base.
- Add toppings and mozzarella cheese and bake in oven for 10-15 mins at 200 degrees C.
- Eat and enjoy.
- Cherry tomato and basil
- Chorizo, red pepper and red onion
- Hoisin sauce (instead of tomato base), pork belly, spring onion and coriander
- Goats cheese, caramelised red onion, rock salt
- No tomato base – garlic butter and parsley