This Jess’s Messesrecipe is very easy really, and so effective, so definitely worth taking a little extra time and making a special, stand out cake – rather than a normal victoria sponge/chocolate cake! If you like Jaffa Cakes, this will be yum beyond belief for you and it stops you feeling guilty for working through a whole packet of ‘biscuits’ in one night, well that works for me anyway! 🙂
|Giant Jaffa Cake|
What do I need?
300ml Orange Juice
125g Caster Sugar
3 Leaves Gelatine
250g Dark Chocolate
250ml Double Cream
How do I do it?
1. Place orange juice and sugar in a pan and heat slowly until sugar has dissolved, place gelatine in warm water until soft and then add it to the orange juice, mis until gelatine has disappeared, place in fridge to set.
2. Beat together butter and sugar until thick and pale. Add eggs and beat in, fold in flour.
3. Grease and line a cake tin and fill with mix. Place in oven at Gas mark 5/180˚C for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, break the plain chocolate into a heatproof bowl.
5. Place cream in a pan and bring slowly to the boil. Pour over chocolate and whisk together until it goes smooth. Place in fridge and leave to set.
6. When cake is cooked and cooled place on plate.
7. Cover the middle of cake in set jelly, place back in fridge for 10 minutes.
8. Cover the jelly and cake in chocolate ganache. This could take a while to make it work properly.
9. Place in fridge and serve when set! Lovely, lovely!
Let me know what you think: email@example.com