Another great Jess’s Messes recipe for being relatively cheap and very easy to make. This method will make around 6 portions and is made in one large tray, however, if you are wanting to make and freeze for a later date then bake them in foil take-away trays!
What do I need?
- 1/2 Red onion (diced)
- 1 White onion (diced)
- 2 Cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1tbsp Veg oil
- 250ml Red Wine
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes
- Pinch of Oregano
- Handful of Basil
- 2tbsp Red Pesto
- 400g Minced Beef
- 8 Sheets Lasagne
- 200ml Bechamel Sauce
- 200g Mature Cheddar (grated)
- 200g Buffalo Mozzarella
- Salt and Pepper
What do I do?
- Make the tomato sauce – place the onions, garlic and oil in saucepan and fry slowly until softened.
- Add the red wine and cook on a medium heat until the wine has reduced, almost to a syrup.
- Add Tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes, add herbs, pesto, salt and pepper.
- In a different pan, place the beef and the remaining oil and heat slowly until all meat has browned.
- Add the tomato sauce and cook for 10 minutes until all flavours are well combined. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Build your lasagne: cover the base of the baking dish with some of the mince, place the pasta sheets on top, cover pasta with bechamel sauce.
- Repeat the above process.
- Cover the top layer of bechamel sauce with cheddar and torn mozzarella.
- Bake in the oven at 200degrees C (Gas Mark 6) for 40 minutes.
- Serve with some lovely dressed leaves and garlic bread.
Lovely tasty yummy food!