|Prawny, Parmesany, Pine Nutty Pasta|
Throughout this beautiful summer there have been so many chances to eat outside and enjoy the lovely weather with some fantastic food and a nice glass of wine. One lunch time when on holiday from my work I wanted to do just that, however didn’t have many things in the house. Therefore, this is essentially a leftovers meal, but resulted in something delicious that I will definitely make again.
I didn’t have fresh pasta for this recipe, as it was just a quick lunch, but if I was to make it for other people I would definitely use my Fresh Pasta recipe. It would just taste that little bit more special and fresher if I’d had the time to do this.
What do you need?
2 Cloves Garlic (crushed)
1 Red Chilli (finely diced)
1 Tbsp Rapeseed Oil
100g Cavolo Nero (sliced)
Handful Pine Nuts
200g Cooked and Peeled Prawns
Handful Grated Parmesan Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
How do you do it?
1. If making Fresh Pasta start by doing this – and using pasta machine to make desired pasta shape.
2. If using dried pasta, place this in boiling water and cook for 10-12 mins, until cooked but still slightly al denta.
3. Meanwhile, place Garlic and Chilli in a frying pan with the rapeseed oil and cook slowly for 5 minutes until softened, but not coloured.
4. Add Cavolo Nero and Pine Nuts to the pan and cook out for a further 3 minutes. Then add prawns, these should be cooked already, so just head them through.
5. When cooked, drain pasta and add to pan. Stir all ingredients together and season well, to your personal taste.
6. Serve and place grated Parmesan Cheese on top. Add a couple of twists of Black Pepper and eat.