What is more indulgent than a Chocolate Brownie? Here’s a really easy Jess’s Messes recipe to make the most delicious gooey, sticky chocolate brownies!
What do you need?
200g Plain Chocolate
185g Unsalted Butter
250g Golden Caster Sugar
85g Plain Flour
30g Cocoa Powder
50g Milk/White Chocolate
What do you do?
1. Place a glass bowl over a pan of gently simmering water and melt the plain chocolate and butter slowly (make sure the bowl is not touching the water). Remove from heat.
2. Beat together eggs and sugar until thick and pale. Add the chocolate and butter mixture slowly and fold in gently.
3. Sift flour and cocoa powder into mixture and fold gently.
4. Cut chunks of milk/white chocolate and add to mixture.
5. Grease and line a 20cm x 20cm baking tin with greaseproof paper.
6. Pour in mixture and smooth over.
7. Place in oven at Gas Mark 6 (200˚c) for 20-30 minutes.
8. Make sure when you put the skewer in it comes out slightly sticky still, this will make sure when it cools the brownie is chewy and sticky. Leave to cool in the tin for around 15 minutes so the centre can solidify a little.
9. Tip out of tin onto cooling rack.
10. When cool cut into squares and EAT!
These brownies will be available to buy from the Jess’s Messes website from March 2015. Look out for new items for sale very soon.